3. Business Technology respects customer privacy and the privacy of those accessing our website. We undertake to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied while contracting with us for services. We undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
Collection of Personal Data
4. Business Technology collects personal data about our users when you visit our website; apply for a service subscription; respond to a customer questionnaire; and using cookie technology. A cookie is a data file that sits on your computer hard disk. The cookie is placed there by a remote web server that you have visited using a browser like Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera or Internet Explorer. It is used to uniquely identify you during web interactions with a website and contains data parameters that allow the remote HTML server to keep a record of who you are, and what actions you take at the remote web site. You have the option to disable the cookie function in your browser, but will be restricted from accessing many sites as a result.
Use of Personal Data
5. Business Technology may on occasion use your personal information to contact you about promotional offers; advise you of matters relevant to service provision and in some cases, solicit your feedback. However, Business Technology will provide you with an option within every communication to opt out of receiving any communications of this nature or you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that you do not receive such promotional information.
6. Business Technology may collect and share aggregated user data with business partners, sponsors or other third parties for the purposes of developing content and ensuring relevant advertising and content. Such user data will never be used to identify individual users. These business partners and affiliated companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
7. Business Technology may log the websites you visit; collect IP addresses and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of network/system administration; to report aggregate information to our advertising partners, and to audit the use of our site. This data however will not be used to identify individual users who will always remain anonymous.
8. Any information Business Technology collects from you through correspondence with us, whether via e‐mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within Business Technology or to a third party to ensure customer service, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns and will otherwise be kept confidential.
9. Any information that customers disclose in a public space, including on any bulletin board, chat room or any site Business Technology may host for you, is available to anyone else who visits that space. Business Technology cannot safeguard any information you disclose there.
11. Business Technology will not enter into a service subscription contract with a minor unless such minor has explicit written consent from a parent or guardian to do so. Business Technology undertakes not to contact minors about promotional offers or for marketing purposes without a parental consent.
Reservation of Rights
12. Business Technology reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
13. Business Technology further reserves the right to share information with law enforcement to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
14. Business Technology reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us explicit legal written consent to do so.
15. Business Technology reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.